With warmer weather approaching, it is the perfect time to explore all that Adelaide has to offer. From its vibrant city centre to its beautiful beaches, there is something for everyone in this South Australian capital. Here are five great places to visit in Adelaide as the weather heats up!
1. Glenelg Beach: Located just a short tram ride from the city centre, Glenelg Beach is Adelaide’s most popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. Cool down in the summer heat with a dip in the cool, blue Australian ocean. A large range of dining and drinking options are a quick walk away, including some refreshing ice-cream from the popular Bottega Gelateria.
2. The Adelaide Botanic Gardens: With more than 50,000 gorgeous plants on display, the Adelaide Botanic Gardens are a must-see for any nature lover. Visitors can also take part in guided tours and workshops throughout the summer months. Pack a picnic lunch and find a shady spot under a tree and enjoy the scenery!
3. Cleland Wildlife Park: Just a short drive from the city or accessible via public transport, Cleland Wildlife Park is home to a range native Australian animals including koalas, kangaroos, and echidnas. Visitors can get up close and personal with the animals on daily feedings and walks. A range of daily keeper talks and other animal experiences are available, to learn more about Australia’s beautiful and unique wildlife.
4. Hahndorf: A historic German village located in the Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf is the perfect place to enjoy a traditional German meal or browse through charming boutiques, museums and galleries. You will be treated by a range of wineries, restaurants, cafes and specialty stores, you won’t leave without a full belly!
5. Port Adelaide: A bustling harbor town located just north of the city, Port Adelaide is home to a variety of trendy cafes, restaurants, and shops. Visitors can also take a cruise on the river or explore the local history at the Port Adelaide Maritime Museum.
There is so much to do in Adelaide in the spring and summer months, so make it your next must-see holiday destination!
By Sarah Panther
For more articles like this, head to https://www.wellbeingcollective.co/