How To Always Succeed With Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos, surely you know him. Either from his highly publicised divorce from ex-wife MacKenzie, or from being the founder and CEO of global e-commerce site Amazon.
After graduating from Princeton, Bezos worked on Wall Street and became the younger senior vice president at the investment firm D.E. Shaw. Despite the lucrative job, Bezos quit to open Amazon. Then an online bookstore, now one of the biggest internet e-commerce websites in the world.
It is evident Bezos has always been ambitious. Despite the constant criticism surrounding Amazon, Bezos has continued to lead from the front. In 2013, Bezos purchased The Washington Post. In 2017, Amazon acquired Whole Foods.
Here are Bezos’ top 10 pieces of advice for businesses:
- ‘Base your strategy on things that won’t change’
- ‘Obsess over customers’
- ‘We are willing to be misunderstood for long periods of time’
- ‘There are two kinds of companies: those that try to charge more and those that work to charge less. We will be the second.’
- ‘Determine what your customers needs, and work backwards.’
- ‘Our culture is friendly and intense, but if push comes to shove we’ll settle for intense.’
- ‘If you want to be inventive, you have to be willing to fail.’
- ‘In the old world, you devoted 30% of your time to building a great service and 70% of your time to shouting about it. In the new world, that inverts.’
- ‘Everyone has to be able to work in a call center.’
- ‘This is Day 1 for the Internet. We still have so much to learn.’
What's Your Reaction?