Have you ever tried sparkling red wines?
When it comes to sparkling red wine, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, sparkling red wine is typically made with a lighter-bodied red wine, such as Pinot Noir. Second, the sparkling wine process adds bubbles and texture, which can make the wine seem richer and more complex. Finally, sparkling red wines are typically higher in acidity than still red wines, which helps to balance out the sweetness of the wine. With all of that in mind, here are the top five rated sparkling red wines:
1. Dom Perignon Brut Champagne: This Champagne is made with 100% Pinot Noir grapes and has a creamy texture with hints of brioche, citrus, and stone fruit. The acidity is well balanced and the finish is long and persistent.
2. Veuve Clicquot Brut Rosé Champagne: This Champagne is made with 100% Pinot Noir grapes and has a beautiful salmon colour with aromas of strawberry, raspberry, and peach. The palate is dry and crisp with a clean finish.
3. Krug Grande Cuvée Brut Champagne: This Champagne is a blend of 49% Chardonnay, 30% Pinot Meunier, and 21% Pinot Noir grapes. It has a rich and creamy texture with aromas of baked bread, stone fruits, and white flowers. The palate is well balanced with a long finish.
4. Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé Champagne: This Champagne is made with 100% Pinot Noir grapes and has an attractive rose colour with aromas of red berries and floral notes. The palate is dry and crisp with a delicate mousse.
5. Taittinger Brut Prestige Rosé Champagne: This Champagne is made with 60% Pinot Noir and 40% Chardonnay grapes. It has an elegant salmon colour with aromas of ripe strawberries and raspberries. The palate is dry and refreshing with a delicate mousse.